Dr. J. Michael Stolley named 2021 Windsweep Farm Scholar.
Drs. J. Michael Stolley and David Masopust, co-principal investigators from the University of Minnesota, receive 2021 OMIC Windsweep Farm Pilot Grant for their project, "Resident Memory T Cells in the Oral Mucosa."
The mission of the Oral Mucosal Immunity Consortium (OMIC) is the study of the oral immune cell response to microbial and carcinogenic stimuli introduced into the oral cavity and to generate quality research advancing knowledge in the field of oral mucosal immunology. Specific research endeavors include but are not limited to immune response to pathogens and carcinogenic agents, periodontal regeneration, oral mucosal wound healing and cell signaling pathways.
The OMIC represents a multi-center collaboration of clinical and basic science researchers with a goal of sharing knowledge and ideas to better understand how the oral mucosal systems function when healthy and in the presence of disease.
OMIC Faculty Members
- University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry and University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus and National Jewish Health
- University of Minnesota–Twin Cities
- University of Iowa–Iowa City
OMIC Annual Symposium
- The OMIC Annual Symposium will be held on Monday, October 11, 2021 in Lincoln. Download agenda.
- Presentations will occur in the morning, followed by a discussion of future collaborations.
- For more details, contact Dr. Amy Killeen at email@example.com.
OMIC Journal Club
The OMIC Journal Club meets once monthly via Zoom for a one hour paper presentation and informal but enlightening discussion. For more information, contact Dr. Amy Killeen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Travel awards of $500 are awarded to graduate students, postdocs, fellows or research scientists to encourage their attendance at the annual OMIC symposium.
- Awards are based on merit and awardees are required to present (oral presentation and/or poster) at the annual symposium.
- Awardees must be active participants in the OMIC consortium.